Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Digital storytelling

Movies I watched:
  • Angela: "Who Am I ABC's"
  • Lizzy: "Mr. Wig, Our Guinea Pig"
  • Caroline "A Tasty Alphabet"
  • Kate: "The Scarlet Pimpernel"
  • Elizabeth: "Three Little Pigs"
  • Kaylee: "The One Thing I Won't Eat"
As I was thinking about applying this digital storytelling project in a classroom, I realized that there could be some potential challenges. For instance, planning a storyboard and putting everything together might be easy for a teacher, but some children who have never worked with this type of technology may struggle with it at first. Plus, it could be hard for a teacher to handle around 30 students who are all trying to do this new skill at the same time. If teachers take advantage of the more simple options for the younger grades, however, this type of technology can be more approachable regardless of the students' ages.

No comments:

Post a Comment