Tuesday, November 10, 2009

week 10

As I watched these three videos, I was impressed with the variety of technology these teachers used. Probably my favorite example was the technology activities helping the students to learn more about spiders. They took pictures using "spider cams" and then scanned their images into the computer so they could put them on a website. The best part was that the website was used to collaborate with an entirely different classroom a few states away. I love this example because it illustrates how technology can connect learners and create meaningful experiences (even across a great distance!) I also enjoyed watching about how the kindergartners (in the "Brown Bear Brown Bear" video) could use the computer to draw pictures to create patterns and make stories in an easy and accessible way. This was especially impressive to me since these were some of the students that had higher needs. The last video was an excellent example of how KidPix provides students with good opportunities to use drawing tools on the computer. Something I noticed about this specific activity was that it enabled students to interact with their teacher and with each other as they drew using KidPix. Overall, I thought that watching these videos helped me to understand even more options to increase my use of technology in the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment